1. Almond Oil
A completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes, almond oil helps lighten dark circles. Combine almond oil with vitamin E oil and your dark circles will be good to eyes Before hitting the sack, apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin. Leave the oil on overnight Wash it off with cold water next morning. Repeat this every day until your dark circles are gone.
With skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, cucumbers are completely equipped to fix those raccoon eyes. They are soothing and refreshing too.
· Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
· Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
· Wash the area thoroughly with water.
· Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
3. Raw Potato
Potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents and used raw, they help lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
· Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to extract the juice.
· Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes.
· Make sure the juice covers the dark circles entirely.
· Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
· Repeat once or twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
4. Rose Water
Rosewater not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
· Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
· Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
· Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
· Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Tomato, the fruit that’s used as a vegetable, is known to naturally possess powerful bleaching properties that can lighten skin very effectively.
· Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
· Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
· Rinse it off well with cool water.
· Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Tips to Maintain Eyes Healthy and Beautiful
Our eyes are the most delicate and important part of our body because our eyes are the window to the world. Due to our lifestyle changes, stress and pollution, it can lead to redness, puffiness, dark circles, wrinkle and sight problem also.
These problems may look minor but it can lead to serious eye issues and one can lose their vision also. Therefore, it is important for us to protect our eyes from damage.
So, here are some helpful tips for you to keep your eyes healthy and beautiful:
1. Eat Healthy Foods
Nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamin C and E are good for eyes. So, instead of eating unhealthy foods, fill your plate with green leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, eggs, beans, oranges, etc.
These foods have powerful nutrient sources which will help you to protect your eyes from various vision problems.
2. Wear Sunglasses
Don’t forget to wear UVA and UVB rays protected sunglasses whenever you will step out on a sunny day. Like our skin, our eyes also get damaged by the sun’s ultraviolet rays which may lead to cataracts and macular degeneration.
So, choose the right pair of sunglasses and protect your eyes from getting damaged.
3. Quit Smoking
Smoking is also one of the reasons which lead to eyes problem at an early age.
You will be more likely to get cataracts, damage to your optic nerve, and macular degeneration, and other eye problems. Hence, better quit smoking now and start with a healthy choice.
4. The 20-20-20 Rule
People who spend more time in front of their computer screens are more likely to have vision problems at an early stage. So, don’t look at the computer screen for a long time, instead, take mini-breaks, follow the 20-20-20 rule.
Yes, it is always better to take a break every 20 minutes by looking away from the screen that’s at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
By following this rule, you will reduce eye strain and improve the eye’s ability to focus.
We all have grown up hearing that nuts are good for your eyes and brain, but did you know why it is good for you?
Nuts contain a lot of healthy fats and vitamin E that are good for your eyes.
These nutrients help to prevent cataract formation and reduce inflammation also. So, it is good to have a handful of mixed nuts daily to improve and protect your vision.
6. Fatty Fish
Fatty fish contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acid that is good for your eyesight and help in reducing inflammation.
If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you can take omega-3 fatty acid supplements to provide natural vision support.
But, before taking any supplements you should consult a doctor.
7. Drink a lot of Water
Like our body, our eyes also get dehydrated and dry eyes can be also an indicator of dehydration. So, if you are dealing with dry eyes issue then keep your body hydrated by drinking enough water.
I hope this article is helpful for you, so take care of your eyes and don’t take it for granted because your small negligence can take your eye vision for a lifetime.